Wednesday 11 September 2019

Woodbury Gesture Lecture - Set 1 of 4

A few months back, I got to teach a Character Design and Gesture Class at Woodbury University in Burbank. :D Gosh did I have a great time! I always loved teaching! This was special as it was my first in-house teaching experience..The class was pretty small as it was a last minute arrangement but the students were super cheerful and really wanted to learn.. We went through as much as we could from illustrators from way back to 30s Disney to 50's Disney to Hans Bacher to European animation to all the new designers out here. Every class we would also break down a short film as well. On top of that we got to draw these fantastic models every week like this one here, I think her name is Parker McPhinney (super sorry if I'm wrong) who would pretend to be on a horse for a minute or more with her legs in mid-air and stay completely stationary.

Most of these are 30 seconds to 3 minutes..













No comments:

Post a Comment